[Kstars-devel] Re: Refraction question from KStars

mboquien at free.fr mboquien at free.fr
Sun Nov 28 00:42:00 CET 2010

Hi!,

----- Mail Original -----
De: "Victor Carbune" <victor.carbune at gmail.com>
À: "Alexey Khudyakov" <alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>
Envoyé: Samedi 27 Novembre 2010 23h31:37 Monrovia (GMT)
Objet: [Kstars-devel]  Refraction question from KStars

A question she came with and I haven't manage to explain is why do we
have in our code the formula from Meeus multiplied with the factor
1/60 [1]?
I have to mention that she initially implemented the one from Meeus
and got some big values of the refraction correction (order of 1-2
degrees), so I guess there must be some reason behind it, which I
can't identify.

A wild guess would be that the formula gives the refraction in degree (resp. arcmin) and that kstars expects arcmin (resp. arcsec)?

Regards,

Mederic