[Kstars-devel] Re: OpenGL problems

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 03:08:54 CET 2010

On 9 November 2010 17:06, Victor Carbune <victor.carbune at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I managed to build and rebuild the trunk on two different computers,
> but OpenGL isn't working as I would expect.
> On both computers the screen isn't rendered, as you can see here [1].

Can you disable the infoboxes?

In the email I sent to the list on the 23rd of August (OpenGL Update)
I described an issue I didn't know how to fix that involves picking a
rendering surface (either QWidget or QGLWidget).

It causes two main problems:
a) when the infoboxes are enabled the graphics aren't drawn
b) even though the painting code is hidden behind an interface, it is
not possible to switch the painter without recompiling.

The problem hasn't been resolved since then for two reasons:
a) I don't know how to solve the problem and nobody has offered a solution
b) With school I don't have a lot of free time to spend hunting down a
solution myself.

Henry de Valence