[Kstars-devel] Re: Git Move?

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 02:47:58 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 02:45:04PM -0500, Charles Sheridan wrote:
>    Hi,
>    Just wondering if there was any talk of moving to Git, and is so, when do
>    we think that will happen?

Hey Charles,

The whole of KDE is in the process of migrating to git. In the
meantime, I got a link to this article from one of the sysadmins:

http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual

He says it would be nice if we did that for KStars. I still haven't
found that free weekend where I can sit and go through that. If you'd
like to help out, do talk to sysadmins on #kde-sysadmin (I guess it
was Mark 'markey' Kretschmann that pointed me to it) on
freenode. Also, maybe you'd want to get your commit access. AFAIK, KDE
works by giving everyone commit access and reverting bad commits.