[Kstars-devel] branches/kstars/carbonix/kstars

Alexey Khudyakov alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 20:21:37 CEST 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 00:54:48 +0300
Victor Carbune <victor.carbune at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is all for now. I'll think about it some more.
> Thanks! I will be working this week on a query dialog (using the
> KSObjectList class I wrote about on my blog) which will search through
> the database. Also, I'll populate the database with more objects,
> starting after another exam, on wednesday.

By the way is there a list of requirements for database for both
deep-sky object and stars? I don't think it's possible to come up with
decent design without knowing _what_ we want.

This is not list of requirements rather some vague points.

 * Database is read-only. We are not going to write anything to it.
Addition of other catalog is different. This fact should be exploited.
 * We need bulk selects for drawing objects on a map.
 * "One size doesn't fit all". Each catalog have different kinds of
fields in it.