[Kstars-devel] Refined patch for wishlist 178232: List all objects within a rectangle

Abhijit Apte abhijit.apte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:31:45 CET 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Khudyakov Alexey <alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
> wrote:

> > The implementation of such a feature in SkyChart (a.k.a. Cartes du
> > Ciel) is worth looking at. They have a feature to list objects in a
> > rectangular region, after which they have the option to center / check
> > details etc. on each individual object.

I downloaded this CdC software and tried it myself, it also additionally has
a feature of showing neighbours for an individual object (apart from
centering, checking details as Akarsh mentioned above).

> I don't think that adding more dialogs is good idea. I like solution from
> TheSky more. They added a combo box on the top of detail dialog which
> allowed
> to pick object you want. Such approach extends naturally to list view. It
> should be possible to view one object in details or all objects at once
> with
> limited amount of info and switch between them easily.

Alexey: I noticed that the current details dialog doesn't have the combo
box; but I could realize what is it that you are actually trying to point
out. By adding a combobox at the top of the details dialog, it should work
for individual and multiple objects as well. Basically, the idea is to use
the same model for two different views AFAIK right?

P.S Attached 2 previews of the solution that could integrate both the list
view and details view. [If "Show Details" checkbox is checked, then the
detail dialog contents will be shown, otherwise, the simple list with
multiple columns will be shown].

Rgds
-Abhi