[Kstars-devel] Refined patch for wishlist 178232: List all objects within a rectangle

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:06:49 CET 2010

В сообщении от 30 января 2010 13:31:09 Akarsh Simha написал:

> IMHO, I don't think the tasks are very closely related. While one
> describes the details of a given object, the other lists all the
> objects in a rectangular region in a list.
>
> The implementation of such a feature in SkyChart (a.k.a. Cartes du
> Ciel) is worth looking at. They have a feature to list objects in a
> rectangular region, after which they have the option to center / check
> details etc. on each individual object.

I'll take a look at it.

> With the list, one could possibly add a magnitude filter in future and
> then have an "add to observing list" option -- so I could use this
> feature to select a region of the sky and add everything bright enough
> to see into my observing list. (One can already do this in the
> observing list wizard, but this might be easier to use)

Interesting note. Thank you for suggestion.

> However, the 10px region thing is a very good idea, IMO. If there are
> too many bright objects closeby, one could open the same object list
> dialog like a "Did you mean?" box, where the user could pick the
> object he actually meant to see details of.

I don't think that adding more dialogs is good idea. I like solution from
TheSky more. They added a combo box on the top of detail dialog which allowed
to pick object you want. Such approach extends naturally to list view. It
should be possible to view one object in details or all objects at once with
limited amount of info and switch between them easily.