[Kstars-devel] Refined patch for wishlist 178232: List all objects within a rectangle

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 16:48:02 CET 2010

В сообщении от 27 января 2010 09:16:27 Abhijit Apte написал:
> Hi Alexey,
>
> The problem with reusing the dialogs/detaildialog.[cpp,h] is that
> DetailDialog is derived from KPageDialog and the face type has been set to
> *Tabbed* and the options available for the face types are the following:
>
> ~/kde/src/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/paged/kpagedialog.h:
>     enum FaceType
>     {
>       Auto   = KPageView::Auto,
>       Plain  = KPageView::Plain,
>       List   = KPageView::List,
>       Tree   = KPageView::Tree,
>       Tabbed = KPageView::Tabbed
>     };
>
> Although, I liked this DetailDialog very much, in that it is being more
> informative, the tabbed face type limits it from being reused for showing
> details about multiple objects selected from a rectangle.

In its current form DetailDialog could not incorporate such functionality. It
should be redesigned. In my opinion it should be redesigned anyway for two
reasons:

1. To allow to choose from all objects in some radius.

2. Two tabbed design isn't good. Magnitude is one tab coordinates are on
another. Not good at all.