[Kstars-devel] Understanding INDI messages?

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Thu Apr 29 04:45:06 CEST 2010

On 04/27/2010 03:19 PM, fiz60 at hotmail.com wrote:
> I'm playing with the examples for writing INDI drivers for a telescope
> and not sure I understand how KStars sends the messages.  I'm starting
> my driver externally like indiserver -v -p 7624 myScope, then starting
> KStars.  I can connect to it from within KStars using Devices / Device
> Manager then the Client tab.  I can bring up the INDI Control Panel
> and manually set the coords, etc.  But if I do things like right click
> on the map and choose "Center and track", I  don't get any messages
> sent to my driver.  Is this the way it works, or do I have a problem
> understanding a INDI driver works?

Center and Track have nothing to do with INDI. Those are instructions to
KStars to center the object in the GUI view and keep it centered as the
clock (the KStars time) changes.  No INDI commands are involved.  You
can do Center and Track with no INDI server/drivers running.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court