[Kstars-devel] Understanding INDI messages?

fiz60 at hotmail.com fiz60 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:19:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm playing with the examples for writing INDI drivers for a telescope and not sure I understand how KStars sends the messages.  I'm starting my driver externally like indiserver -v -p 7624 myScope, then starting KStars.  I can connect to it from within KStars using Devices / Device Manager then the Client tab.  I can bring up the INDI Control Panel and manually set the coords, etc.  But if I do things like right click on the map and choose "Center and track", I  don't get any messages sent to my driver.  Is this the way it works, or do I have a problem understanding a INDI driver works?

Thanks