[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sat Sep 5 22:03:21 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 05 September 2009 16:20:22 schrieb Khudyakov Alexey:
> В сообщении от Суббота 05 сентября 2009 01:53:59 автор Burkhard Lück
написал:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Partial success.
> > >
> > > Message extraction looks fine, no superfluous whitespace any more.
> > >
> > > I have updated the language x-test and checked the translations.
> > >
> > > Running KStras in locale x-test In the "Set Geographic Location" dialog
> > >  therr is displayed:
> > >
> > > * entries with City, Province, Country:
> > >   only City and Province is translated, but not Country
> > >
> > > * entries with only City and Country, but no Province:
> > >   no translation
> > >
> > > So there is still something wrong in kstars/kstars/geolocation.h
> > >
> > > Please install the language x-test
> > > (http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/Building_KD
> > >E' s_ l10n_Module) to check the translations yourself.
> >
> > Ping?
>
> Hello.
>
> I looked into geolocation.h. Code seems to be fine. And I have difficulty
>  with interpreting error messages you provided. What does they state
>  exactly?

That kstars is buggy i18n wise, see attached screenshot taken with language x-
test.

Every string without surrounding "xx" is untranslatable, e. g.
"Wurzburg, Deutschland", this has to be  "xxWurzburgxx, xxDeutschlandxx"
or
"xx100 Mile Housexx, xxBritish Columbiaxx, Kanada", here "Kanada" has to be
"xxKanadaxx"

--
Burkhard Lück