[Kstars-devel] List of Bugs

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Wed May 6 08:55:18 CEST 2009

> 1. FindDialog displays many objects more than once. Ex : Moons of
> Jupiter/Saturn; Pluto; The default name for unnamed stars, "star".
> This is problematic as the AltVsTime tool keep plotting for 'star' as
> many times as you click on plot.

This is a problem with a lot of things - Gienah in Corvus / Cygnus,
for instance (I guess I fixed that) and with Comets (try, for instance
Schwassman Wachmann - I can never get to 73P/Schwassman Wachmann-3 and
it lands me all the time at 29P/SW-1.

As for 'star' - it shouldn't even be in the list of named objects. I
wonder why it's there.

> 3. In WUT :
>    It would be nice if the list of Matching objects are sorted alphabetically..

That should be easy to implement.

>    The comet 'Schwassmann-wachmann 3' is displayed multiple times..

That might be okay because S-W 3 split into some 20 odd fragments in
April 2007 or so.

>    We need to add a filter by Magnitude or something there -> The list

Yes. I agree, this is required.