[Kstars-devel] Satellites in KStars

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:24:24 CET 2009

Hi

I'd really want to re-enable satellites in KStars, before KDE 4.3
release.

Unfortunately, I'm new on the block, and don't know what was the
problem with satellites that led to their removal. At some point, I
think I recall that HST would cross the sky in KStars every 5 minutes!
But that apart, I don't know anything about the longitude problem that
was being discussed on the list.

It would be nice if someone could help me by telling me what I need to
fix and how I need to go about doing it. I could cross check KStars
against satellite data from http://www.heavens-above.com (which is
what we amateurs use for satellite predictions)

Thanks