[Kstars-devel] bugs in kstar

bill torbitt bill at iway.na
Wed Jun 17 21:24:58 CEST 2009

hi
there does not seem to be any bug reporting facility for kstars (the
menu option relating to this refers you back to asus.com !)  so I am
using this address.

I have kstars loaded on an EEEPC900.  The first problem is setting the
home location:  many of the preinstalled cities have the wrong
coordinates (e.g. my location Windhoek Namibia) and it is impossible to
edit them.  It is also impossible to delete the attempts to do this, so
I have not about 12 erroneous entries for 'Windhoek'.  From the help I
see that I have to edit the file ~/.kde/share/apps...  Not being a Unix
nerd, may I pray ask - where and how do I find this file, and with what
do I edit it?

I can't help comparing this programme with the easy to use, intuitive
and cheap windows programme Red Shift......

thanks

bill torbitt
winhoek/namibia