[Kstars-devel] I think it's all working

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 07:26:17 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 08:47:45AM +0930, Mike Hore wrote:
> Hi Akarsh,
>
> It took most of yesterday to download the USNO file, and quite a while
> to decompress it, so I didn't get to actually try to run kstars till
> this morning.  Anyway, the number of stars looks very impressive, and I
> went to a place in the milky way and zoomed right in, and some of the
> faintest stars showed mags between 15 and 16.
> So, I conclude that the USNO file is being correctly read!
>
> Especially with these lines in the log:
>
> kstars(4416) DeepStarComponent::openDataFile: Processing
> "USNO-NOMAD-1e8.dat" , HTMesh Level 6
> kstars(4416) DeepStarComponent::openDataFile:   Sky Mesh Size:  32768
> kstars(4416) DeepStarComponent::init: Loaded catalog file
> "USNO-NOMAD-1e8.dat" (hopefully)

Hi Mike

That's really cool! Thanks a lot for helping with this - I had been
looking for testing help in this regard for a really long time. I'm
really impressed that KStars now runs on big-endian platforms. Thanks
for your help again.

I'm copying this to kstars-devel just to let everyone know. I hope you
don't mind!