[Kstars-devel] Popup menu usability

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:25:47 CET 2009

Hi, Akarsh!

On Monday 23 February 2009 22:38:08 Akarsh Simha wrote:
> > - "solar system" changed to "solar system object". I cannot distinguish
> > between planets/asteroids/comets so let it be.
>
> Why not try p->type() to distinguish between Comets, Asteroids and
> Planets, and p->isMajorPlanet() to distinguish between minor and major
> planets?

This could be a solution. I'll make patch to cover this. Thank you to hint.

> That's okay for now. I like the magnitude display. :)

Me too. BTW it would be nice to add such <sup>m</sup> to labels on map. For me
it takes some time to understand that number after label is magnitude.

> > What's missing:
> >  - Angular sizes for deep-skyes and planets. It require downcasting since
> > skyobject has no methods to retrieve it, and I'm do not like such things.
>
> Will a virtual method solve the problem in some manner?
>
> I don't know good C++ - I'm just extending an analogy that James and I
> came across.

At least it could ameliorate problem. I'll look through class hierarchy to
find good solution. Is there doxygen documentation somewhere? It can be
helpful.

As for my thoughts on catalogs. Sorry for delay but writing everything takes
more time than I expected.