[Kstars-devel] Trutech Filter Wheel driver

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri May 30 17:55:14 CEST 2008

Hi Brian,

You can get the latest SVN sources with this command:
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdeedu
The indi stuff lives in kdeedu/kstars/kstars/indi

See this page for build instructions:
http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

This will tell you how to set up a full build environment for KDE, but
if you're only interested in this one issue, it's probably overkill.

Here's the short version:

1) Make sure you have cmake installed:
% wget http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.6/cmake-2.6.0.tar.gz
% tar zxvf cmake-2.6.0.tar.gz
% cd cmake-2.6.0
% ./configure
% make
% sudo make install

2) cd to the kdeedu directory that you just got from svn.

3) Run cmake to configure the build:
% cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde4
[or wherever you want kstars to be installed...]

4) Run make and make install:
% cd kstars   [or not, if you want to build all of kdeedu...]
% make
% sudo make install

regards,
Jason

On May 29, 2008, at 11:21 PM, Brian wrote:

> Jason,
> When Jasem wrote the original driver for me, we got everything to work
> except for the Query command.
> I think this was because what came back from the query command did not
> match the specs we were given.
> I now have a requirement to be able to tell how many slots a filter
> wheel has. This comes back from the query command, so I would like to
> get it working.
>
> I did not install kstars but got a binary from http://download.opensuse.org
>
> 3.93.0.svn712059-5
> Sat Sep 22 12:24:31 2007
>
> So I guess my question still remains how do I download the correct
> source or can I just get the trutechwheel.c and recompile it?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian
>

> Jason Harris wrote:
>> Hi Brian,
>>
>> The latest indi drivers are included with KStars, and it sounds like
>> you have a very recent version.  What are the missing features you
>> need?
>>
>> Jason
>>

>> On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:58 AM, Brian
>> <bnc at astronomicalresearchaustralia.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I would like to have a go at updating the above indi driver.
>>> It works but there is a couple of features missing.
>>>
>>> I am running kstars 1.2.90 using kde 3.93
>>>
>>> I am unsure as to where to get the correct source from the current
>>> indi
>>> sourceforge page does not look too good.
>>>
>>> I would like to get the correct svn command.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brian