[Kstars-devel] TODO for 4.2

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu May 29 02:36:04 CEST 2008

I'm trying to concentrate on bugfixing and polish for 4.1, but I can't
help looking ahead to what can be done next.  I have a lot of ideas,
but unfortunately, my time is rather limited these days.  Hopefully we
can attract more devs to participate.  Here's some of what I'd like to
see:

0) 1 million stars (Akarsh's GSoC)

1) Earth satellites.  This code has actually been in-place for a
while, but the line that draws the satellite tracks is commented out.
It's a pretty cool feature; it's still commented out because I haven't
been able to verify that the satellite predictions are accurate.

2) Marble widget in the Geographic Location tool

3) Better printed star charts (was a GSoC project, but didn't get
selected)

4) Better rendering of comets

5) [dreaming?] sky texture mapping for milky way and realistic sky
lighting effects

Any other ideas?

regards,