[Kstars-devel] setting up kde4 build environment

Andrew Buck andrew.buck at ndsu.edu
Tue May 27 22:17:16 CEST 2008

I decided to try getting the svn version of KStars running so my bug
reports, etc, could be more helpful to the project.  Additionally I want
to look into the INDI system to try to make it a bit less processor
hungry.

However I ran into a bit of a snag.  I am at the part of the KDE4 setup
as detailed on the SVN How-To page where the KDE Libs are build.  When I
run cmakelibs it complains about not having the Phonon libraries.  I am
running Debian testing and I checked the repositories but there are no
phonon packages of any kind.  I was also unable to find anything
helpful on google.

How have you guys addressed this issue?  Am I completely off base by
trying to install the KDE4 build system, or is there just something I've
overlooked with regards to phonon.

-Buck