[Kstars-devel] INDI: slewing LXD75 mount requires manual command

Andrew Bunting andrew at lineum.org
Sun Mar 16 22:39:38 CET 2008

Hello,

I can manually control my mount by issuing LX200 commands via the
serial port ( using tip ) but KStars is unable to complete any mount
function through INDI other than setting target co-ordinates.

Configuration is as follows:

Autostar #497 Version 43EG
Meade LXD75
KStars 1.2.5 using KDE 3.5.7
OpenBSD 4.3-SNAPSHOT ( also tried on 4.2-RELEASE )
INDI Driver LX200 Basic ( no other drivers connect )
Serial -> RJ11 connection cable.

Upon using any of the ``Set'' buttons in INDI Control Panel, the
relevant indicator lights turn yellow but no mount activity occurs.
If I then connect to the serial port ( /dev/tty00 ) using tip I
can issue command #:MS# which slews the mount to the co-ordinates
set by KStars.

No error messages appear in the log window whilst the indicator
lights are yellow.

Upon completing a slew initiated by manual command, the message
``Slew successful'' appears in the log window and the telescope
crosshair is displayed by KStars.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

--
Andrew Bunting