[Kstars-devel] Memory management UI

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Mon Jun 30 01:16:20 CEST 2008

I think it would be counter-productive to expose obscure
implementation-specific numbers like nCache and number of stars per
block in the UI.  I like the "memory usage" slider, but maybe we need
a label that says something about what the setting means.  Like a
number showing a typical RAM footprint for stars for the given
memUsage setting.

ASCII mockup:

--|--------   about 40 MB of RAM needed for the stars

-----|-----   about 80 MB of RAM needed for the stars