[Kstars-devel] Memory management UI

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 00:57:57 CEST 2008

Hi,

Any suggestions on the memory management UI? I don't know which
parameters I must keep internal and which I must expose to the
user.

Right now, we have a slider called 'Memory Usage' that actually
adjusts the Star Density formula, and the zoomed out faint magnitude
limit, which also affects the star density, but is not entirely
specifiable in terms of memory usage (i.e. they are independent
variables).

Should I expose internals like number of stars per block or nCache?