[Kstars-devel] TODO for 4.2

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jun 24 07:10:25 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:58 PM, James Bowlin <bowlin at mindspring.com> wrote:
>> I like it!  That would be really cool.
>
> Would the star hops be entered in manually or would you want KStars
> to figure out the star hops to a given object?

As I'm imagining it, KStars would figure out a series of hops to get
from a bright star to a given object.  You would tell the tool about
your instrument's field of view, then it would show the hops overlayed
on the map.  At any of the hop nodes, you could click to see your
instrument's field of view.

Actually, when I star-hop, I am looking for distinctive patterns of
stars along the route to my object, not just individual stars.
Looking for such patterns might be pretty difficult to code, but it
would be more useful...