[Kstars-devel] Multiple Meshes

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 23:13:32 CEST 2008

Hi

Multiple Meshes of different level seem to be working smoothly,
without any problem whatsoever.

I've attached a patch that adds a test functionality bound to key 'J'
that reports some results from a level-6 Mesh. The results seem to
concur with a small perl script I wrote to quickly find out in which
trixel a given RA/Dec is. Even the "intersect" call seems to be
working fine.

Do let me know if I've not tested something.

With this done, I think the next thing to tackle is to change our
binary file format to support a version number, use a consistent
trixel numbering convention (that is uniform across the code that
generates the data files, and the code within KStars), and support
HTMesh levels finer than 6. This will take me some time.