[Kstars-devel] Test on proper motion corrections

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 12 00:24:35 CEST 2008

On Fri July 11 2008, you wrote:
> I'm commiting the (74MB large) d[uplicated data file now, and once
> the commit is done, it would help if someone could double check this.

Can you give me some hints about which stars are duplicated?

I Googled around but couldn't find anything useful regarding CMake and
distributing compressed files.  I like Jason's idea of using GHNS for
the 74 Meg file.   BTW: can GHNS deal with multiple users on the same
machine or would each user need to download the star files?

Also, the deepstars.dat file seemed to only grow by roughly 1 Meg when
you added the dupes, which is only 0.13%.   Is the duplication really
that small?   If so, it means we don't have to worry about the
performance degradation.

--
Peace, James