[Kstars-devel] USNO is sending me 100 million stars

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jul 1 01:41:15 CEST 2008

They get only 6 bytes per star because they only provide RA, Dec, and
2 magnitudes.  Our catalog will additionall have proper motions, so
our positions will be more accurate for remote dates.

Still, if we want to give users the option of foregoing proper motion,
then this would be an exciting option...