[Kstars-devel] Restructured code to load 100e8 stars

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 16:38:45 CEST 2008

Hi Jason,

Sorry about that. Forgot that they wouldn't appear in the diff. Here they are:
http://members.bas.org.in/kstar/unnamedstars.dat
http://members.bas.org.in/kstar/namedstars.dat

Put them in kstars/data

On 8/24/08, Jason Harris <kstars at 30doradus.org> wrote:
> Hi Akarsh,
>
> I can't test the patch, because namedstars.dat and unnamedstars.dat are
> missing.
>
> Jason
>

> On 8/24/08, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I restructured the StarComponent and DeepStarComponent classes after
>> taking into consideration James' suggestions and some changes that I
>> had in mind.
>>
>> Now, named stars are handled by StarComponent and unnamed stars (both
>> dynamically loaded and statically loaded) are taken care of by
>> DeepStarComponents. As James' suggested, I found that letting
>> StarComponent take care of DeepStarComponents made code much more
>> neat.
>>
>> Here's the patch:
>> http://members.bas.org.in/kstar/kstars-deep-star-catalog-support.patch
>>
>> With the patch, what StarComponent::draw() does is to first draw named
>> stars and then call DeepStarComponent::draw() for each
>> DeepStarComponent that is loaded.
>>
>> I think I have broken the feature of searching by HD Index
>> temporarily. Also, the patch seems to be buggy to me, because I
>> noticed some stars vanishing suddenly (which means that the LRU Cache
>> isn't working properly). However, ISTM that most of the code is
>> working fine. Let me know if I should go ahead and commit it.
>>
>> Regards
>> Akarsh

I was born free: No Gates and Windows can restrict my freedom.
http://iitmlug.wiki-site.com
http://www.bas.org.in