[Kstars-devel] whitespace: worth fixing?

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Sat Sep 22 01:37:10 CEST 2007

On Saturday 22 September 2007 02:12, Jason Harris wrote:
> On Friday 21 September 2007 15:37, Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> > I'm all for consistency, so I say yes, it's worth doing it now.
>
> Ok, I'll try to do it this weekend.
>
> I got a ruby script from a KDE dev that will do it automatically, but it
> also makes other style changes:
>
> * change "( foo )" and "[ bar ]" to "(foo)" and "[bar]"
> * align case labels with the switch statement
>
> Any opinions on these?  I'm inclined to comment out this part of the
> script, and just retain the tab-replacement, unless people feel strongly
> about it.

Actually, now that we're talking about styles, how about changing the brackets
to ANSI (if the script can do that as well!)?

That is, instead of

void foo(..) {
    if (bar) {
    ..
    }
}

we have it as

void foo(..)
{
    if (bar)
    {
      ..
    }
}

I support the extra two changes though. I don't feel "strongly" about it, but
they're benign changes.

Jasem