[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 27 19:37:54 CEST 2007

On Sat October 27 2007, Jason Harris wrote:
> James, can you review this patch?  I am in the midst of a
> large set of changes ATM, so my local copy is not compilable.

Good news, bad news.  The good news is that the patch compiles and
works.  It seems to have fixed the leak but I've noticed another leak
that may be dominating.  VSize (as reported by ps) grows.  The growth
is not accelerated when I do rapid redrawing by shaking the map around,
instead, VSize seems to be increase steadily over time even if I don't
move the skymap at all.

If I stop the clock then the leak stops and if I change the timestep
to 1 minute, the leak is much faster.  If I turn off everything, even
the info boxes, so the skymap is blank, the leak continues.

When the clock is paused and I rapidly redraw the highlighted
constellation, VSize remains constant so I think the patch plugged
the highlight constellation leak as intended.

--
Peace, James