[Kstars-devel] Quite a few bugs

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Mon May 28 17:31:09 CEST 2007

Hi Akarsh,

On Sunday 27 May 2007 10:40, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> > I know we ususally tell people to file reports at bugs.kde.org when
> > they find a problem, but there are so many problems right now, maybe
> > it's more productive to just present them on the list for now.
> > Although, there is a risk that a bug may fall through the cracks this
> > way.
>
> I think it may be nice to post the subtler bugs on the bug list,
> though, so that we don't miss them before the release.

Yes, please go ahead.

> And one more thing I notice is that the google search is not very
> effective and gives random results too. For instance, I did this with
> M 101 and it gave me a lot of irrelevant NGC objects!

Indeed, and if you search for "M 1" you'll get images of military vehicles.
We can try adding "astronomy" as a search term to narrow totally irrelevant
results, but this won't help with the pollution of other objects that you're
talking about.

regards,

KStars: http://edu.kde.org/kstars
Community Forums: http://kstars.30doradus.org