[Kstars-devel] New opensource planetarium

Jan Kotek opencoeli at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:07:58 CEST 2007

Hi,
I have started new opensource planetarium. KStars have best readable
source code from all opensource planetariums. So some ideas,
algorithms and data comes from KStars, so that is the reason why I am
posting this offtopic message here.

It is called OpenCoeli and written in Java. Main goal is replacement
of Cartes du Ciel and integration with Virtual Observatory
datasources. It uses SQL server, HTM index and all that stuff... More
details are on web page:
http://code.google.com/p/opencoeli/

I was wondering if we can cooperate. Lot of components can be used
independently on platform. For example both projects can use the same
SQL database. I also had simular troubles with HTM index library. And
there are very nice QT bindings for Java called Jambi...

I know you have feature freezing for KDE4 soon, but maybe in next
major version we can cooperate.

Yes, right, I should join your project instead. But trust me, I am
realy bad C++ programmer :-)

Best regards,
Jan Kotek