[Kstars-devel] KStars context menu

Jasem Mutlaq mutlaqja at ikarustech.com
Fri Jun 8 23:45:31 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I found a couple of items in the context that most
users will probably never or rarely use. Since the
context menu is accessed very often, we ought to keep
it as uncluttered as possible:

1. Add Link: We already have this functionality in the
details dialog. I think it's time to remove this menu
item from the context menu.

2. Angular Distance To: While useful and I use it
occasionally, most users wouldn't be using it often.

I suggest it should be removed as well from the menu.
But where would it go?

Maybe we can add another small toolbar for that
purpose (actions in the skymap). A "hand" icon is the
default and you can use it to zoom and pan like
normal. A ruler or a similar icon for angular
distance, and another icon for area-zoom (now done
with ctrl+left mouse).

Your thoughts?

Cheers,
Jasem