[Kstars-devel] KStars, now with indexing!

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Mon Jul 30 20:18:56 CEST 2007

Hi James,

On Sunday 29 July 2007 12:06, James Bowlin wrote:
> Once more with feeling!
>
> The version of KStars with indexing is now available from:
>
> $SCHEME://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kdeedu_kstars_htm

Great!  I can't wait to try it.  I'm finally back home in Tucson, but I'm at
work ATM, so it will have to wait til this evening.

> Make sure you run a "make install" or "sudo make install" because
> some of the data files have moved/changed.  The new versions should
> peacefully coexist alongside the older versions.

We should add directives to the CMakeLists.txt file so that the old versions
are removed from the user's computer if found.  No sense cluttering people's
disks with deprecated data files.  Anyone know the cmake-fu that does this?

> When doing a clean
> install I noticed that Cities.dat, clines.dat, cnames.dat, and
> milkyway.dat were missing from data/CMakeLists.txt so I added them
> in order for the install to complete.

That's terrible!  How could I let that happen?  Thanks or catching it.

Thanks also for your continued effort on this; indexing will really make 4.0
shine.

regards,
Jason

--