[Kstars-devel] Asteroid Magnitude Bug

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 21:52:49 CEST 2007

Hi James

One of the bugs we have with asteroids has to do with the limiting magnitude
filter for asteroids. I was just looking at the code trying to figure out
how I should go about enforcing a magnitude filter on the find dialog. I
realised that at some point of time, we may want to implement a magnitude
filter for deepsky objects as well. So, just about every skycomponent should
ideally be magnitude filterable.

Since what you are doing looks similar to this I wanted your inputs on this.
I think it would be best if we could finally achieve something like a
magnitude limit that grows fainter as we zoom in, for then we could include
more exhaustive star and object catalogs.

Thanks.