[Kstars-devel] herschel 400 image update/query

Glenn Becker burningc at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Jan 18 16:33:23 CET 2007

Hi All,

The update is that I don't really have an update. Work has been kicking me
from behind and it is unlikely I will get a chance to add images this
weekend because I am planning to go to Vermont.

I have been wondering too whether it might not be better to scrap the
"Herschel 400" plan and simply go with a "Supplemental Images" route
instead, perhaps something that could be added to as more images are found
(because I don't know a lot about how difficult it is to prep these files
for use in the app, I don't want to out-and-out "propose" such a route).
I'm not in any way throwing in the towel on the H400s yet, however - it
does look as though my initial impression that these would be /relatively/
big and bright DSOs (e.g. ones there'd be plenty of images of) was a
little naive. There appear to be some objects for which it will be
difficult to adequately fill the image bill.

Not trying to be downbeat, just flexible! :) I've got dozens of images
already ... if you haven't please take a look at

http://burningc.freeshell.org/KStars/

I'm interested in reactions / ideas.

Thanks,

Glenn