[Kstars-devel] Kstars 1.2 compile error on RHEL4

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Jan 11 22:55:41 CET 2007

Argh, the visibility error.  This is an issue we've seen before.  It's
basically an incompatibility between the compiler and KDE.  It can be
solved by upgrading either gcc or KDE.  I believe there's a narrow wndow
of KDE versions for which this is a problem.  What are your KDE and gcc
versions?

If you are reluctant to upgrade gcc or KDE, it can also be solved by
hacking the affected headers.  See my 18-month-old post on kde-edu for
more info:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-edu&m=111031234011623&w=2

regards,
Jason