[Kstars-devel] It was easy to merge HTM into the trunk

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Sun Aug 12 15:46:22 CEST 2007

Hello,

On Saturday 11 August 2007 10:14:29 pm James Bowlin wrote:
> I was very worried about this but it turned out to be nearly trivial.
>
> Jason and I talked about committing the HTM merge on Monday.  I wanted
> to get started early in case I ran into trouble.

Monday is good for me.  I just caught Thiago on #kde4-devel.  Just to be sure
we're on the same page, here's what he said:

The command for this is 'svn merge -r NNNN:HEAD
https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kdeedu_kstars_htm/kstars'
where NNNN=693440, the rev number which created the branch

Note: run this from the toplevel kstars directory of a trunk checkout, not the
kdeedu directory.

This will create the merged tree in your local copy, which you can then 'svn
commit'.

Note that the history of commits from the branch will be lost, but there's no
way to avoid this.  You might want to note in the commit message that people
can refer to the branch if they need to see the commit history between
r${BRANCH} and r${HEAD}.

regards,