[Kstars-devel] freeze date

Akarsh Simha akarshsimha at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 08:37:19 CEST 2007

Hi

Is it possible to include apparent magnitude as an index along with the HTM
indices within this duration of time?

I see that this will help us set up magnitude filters properly, because if
an object is not shown, it should not be listed in the Find Dialog as well.
If we cannot see it in this version, we will postpone this to the next
version.

James and I were discussing about the same and we realised that it is going
to be pretty complicated for asteroids. I hope we can implement it for Deep
Sky Objects within this version itself... can we?

Plus.. I'm stuck up at some point and need help:
As Jason knows, I fixed some bugs with regard to display of asteroids and
magnitude limits. I added a clause to selectively popup context menus for
asteroids only if their magnitude was smaller than the limiting magnitude.
But I am still unable to remove the asteroids from the Find Dialog because
the QLists are directly appended without any limiting magnitude criteria. I
will have to modify this behaviour to implement a magnitude limit, but that
will slow down the startup process. I would like suggestions on how this can
be fixed without delaying the startup.

Thanks.

http://www.bas.org.in