[Kstars-devel] Zooming in KStars?

Jason Harris jharris at 30doradus.org
Fri Sep 15 22:10:00 CEST 2006

Jasem Mutlaq wrote:
> Btw, when I press "Set Time" in the time menu, KStars
> immediately crashes without leaving any useful
> backtrace. Do you experience that?

Confirmed with latest SVN.  It's also happening in the
"test_extdatepicker" program, which is a bit painful to access under cmake:

1) re-run cmake, adding "-DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=1" to the command line.

2) After running "make; make install", the executables of the tests are
not installed as they were under 3.5.x; you'll find them in
libkdeedu/extdate/tests/ in your build dir.

Anyway, running test_extdatepicker crashes immediately with the same
error message on the console that I saw when running KStars:

kdeui (KDatePicker): ExtDatePicker::dateChangedSlot: date changed
(2006/9/15).
ASSERT failure in QList<T>::operator[]: "index out of range", file
../../include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qlist.h, line 378

Which isn't very helpful.  There are no QLists anywhere in extdate,
AFAICS.

I'm looking into it now...