[Kstars-devel] KDE/kdeedu/kstars/kstars/tools

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Fri Mar 17 15:18:15 CET 2006

SVN commit 519561 by harris:

Make Calculator work.  Instead of deleting and creating widgets when a
module is selected, all modules are now loaded into a QStackedWidget.
This presizes the calculator to fit the largest module (LSR velocity).

I also solved one problem with layouts of UI-designed widgets.  I kept
getting crashes when opening the calculator with messages like "Cannot
add layout to 'modCalcJD', it already has a layout.  This will cause
memory leaks".  I tried several things to solve it, but what finally
worked was simply modifying the setupUi line in each of the classes
derived from a UI-generated class.  For example, modCalcJD is derived
from modCalcJdDlg (created in Qt designer).  It's ctor looked like this:

modCalcJD::modCalcJD(QWidget *parentSplit) : QFrame(parentSplit) {
	setupUi(parentSplit);
	showCurrentTime();
	show();
}

I simply changed the first line to "setupUi(this);".  The argument to
setupUi(QWidget*) must be the derived widget itself, *not* the parent
of that widget.  This problem exists elsewhere in the code; I'm going to
fix that next.

I suspect this is the same issue Jasem was having with layouts of the
Details window a while ago.

CCMAIL: kstars-devel at kde.org

 M  +1 -1      Makefile.am
 M  +128 -257  astrocalc.cpp
 M  +6 -48     astrocalc.h
 M  +1 -1      modcalcangdist.cpp
 M  +5 -5      modcalcangdistdlg.ui
 M  +1 -1      modcalcapcoord.cpp
 M  +6 -6      modcalcapcoorddlg.ui
 M  +3 -3      modcalcazel.cpp
 M  +8 -8      modcalcazeldlg.ui
 M  +3 -3      modcalcdaylength.cpp
 M  +15 -20    modcalcdaylengthdlg.ui
 M  +1 -1      modcalceclipticcoords.cpp
 M  +10 -10    modcalceclipticcoordsdlg.ui
 M  +3 -3      modcalcequinox.cpp
 M  +7 -7      modcalcequinoxdlg.ui
 M  +1 -1      modcalcgalcoord.cpp
 M  +10 -10    modcalcgalcoorddlg.ui