[Kstars-devel] RFC: new popup "menu"?

simang simang4 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 04:34:15 CET 2006

Hello.  [Someone told users were welcome to participate in this list...]

A note about the Details window: I was waiting the port was finished to
suggest a new feature in bugs.kde.org: ability to drag-copy part/all of
Details window data to the clipboard and optionally a CopyAll button. Not
that I'm asking for it, just an additional element for you to consider -if it
were useful- in the current design.

> Personally, I like the look of #2 better, but I don't know if people will
> find it less usable since the actions and links require an extra mouse
> click (or maybe just a mouse "hover", depending on how we implement it) to
> reach.

I agree, so I thought on a mix where the user could optionally choose
if/which one of those submenus should be open by default. This way,
after right clic (s)he would have available at first sight the preferred
Images when doing visual tours; Links and bitacora for work, etc. This would
reduce the amount of decisions to take, while the less used options would be
at the same hover+clic or clic+clic distance. Compact mode would be available
anytime. It would require also a "Configure menu" element somewhere.

But I don't know if "pre-open submenu" is possible.

Regards,
Radian.