[Kstars-devel] Clipped Milky Way polygons ported to 4.0

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 19 06:24:39 CEST 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 12:45, Jason Harris wrote:
> in kstars/kstars/data/CmakeLists.txt, there's a long list of files in a block
> called "install_files".  You'll just need to replace the mw??.dat files with
> milkyway.dat in that list.  We'll also want to indicate that the mw??.dat
> files are deprecated, so that "make install" will actually remove these files
> if it detects them in the install directory.  I actually don't know how to do
> this with cmake, so maybe just make a TODO comment at the end of
> CMakeLists.txt for now.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I made the the changes you suggested but then
I got this error running "sudo make install":

Make Error: Error in cmake code at
/data/jbowlin/Projects/kstars/4.0/build-kdeedu/kstars/kstars/data/cmake_install.cmake:394:
FILE INSTALL cannot find file "/data/jbowlin/Projects/kstars/4.0/build-kdeedu/kstars/kstars/data/milkyway.dat"
to install.
make: *** [install] Error 255

It seemed to be looking for the milkyway.dat data file in the directory
underneath the build directory where I was running make.  So I moved
milkyway.dat from the data directory where I edited the CmakeList.txt
file and where all the other data files are and put it in the kstars/data/
directory underneath the build directory and this made "make install" happy
but I think something is wrong.

--
Peace, James