[Kstars-devel] Need help diagnosing KStars slowness

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jun 6 05:05:45 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm not seeing the extremely slow behavior of KStars that Jasem and James have
reported.  It's possible that it's due to some change in my local tree, but I
don't think the stuff I have uncommitted would have such an impact.

Can those of you who find kstars (from trunk) very slow please apply the
attached patch to skymapevents.cpp?  It just adds a debug message that
reports how long SkyMap drawing takes.  For me, I get about 1.5 sec for a
full draw, and 0.2 sec for a draw while slewing (my CPU is amd64 2.4GHz).

Again, this is slower than we'd like, but I think what you guys were
describing was much worse than this.

thanks,

KStars: http://edu.kde.org/kstars
Community Forums: http://kstars.30doradus.org