[Kstars-devel] Interesting HTM timing results

James Bowlin bowlin at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 2 06:26:51 CEST 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 19:32, Jason Harris wrote:
> If you really don't want to create a new user, just run "kdeinit" (not from
> the konsole where you've set up kde-4 though!) to reset everything back to
> normal after running kstars-4.0.  I used to do it that way, until I finally
> gave in and created a new user.  :)

I went the new user route and after fiddling with DISPLAY and xhost I got it
working.  Thanks for all your help.

The CPU usage eventually dies down if I just leave it alone for a few minutes.
I tried to turn a lot of things off (like comets and asteroids) that were
cluttering the screen and not adding to the speed but it seemed to spontaneously
specific angular view.

If I try to adjust the settings so fewer things are displayed it does appear
to lock-up.  I gave it 10 minutes or so to working thinks out on its own but
it seemed it was gone.  When I tried to close the window, I got that pop-up
which asked if I wanted to terminate.  I said yes and that didn't do any good
so I finally had to "sudo killall kstars" which worked.

I don't know if it was hung or if it was just taking a really ... long ...
time ...  to do anything, including closing.

--
Peace, James