[Kstars-devel] Interesting HTM timing results

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Thu Jun 1 21:14:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Thursday 01 June 2006 11:15, James Bowlin wrote:
> If I follow the instructions here: http://edu.kde.org/kstars/svn.php
> The command:
>   svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdeedu
>
> brings down a ton of stuff that does not seem needed.  Nonetheless

You forgot the "-N" argument, which tells svn not to download any
subdirectories.  Just copy the lines in the first box on that page.

> if I then do:

<SNIP>
> /data/jbowlin/Projects/kstars/4.0/kdeedu/libkdeedu/kdeeducore/CMakeLists.tx
>t:19: Unknown CMake command "kde4_automoc".

Two possibilities:
(1) you aren't supposed to run cmake on the libkdeedu directory; just run it
for kdeedu and all the subdirectories will be created.
(Also, it's possible that cmake will panic if it doesn't see the whole kdeedu
module, so you may have to checkout the entire thing rather than using the -N
trick).
(2) Maybe your cmake is the wrong version?  This has been a bit of a moving
target; I believe 2.4.1 is now required.

In any case, you don't have to manually compile libkdeedu.  cmake is smart
enough to compile it (parts of it, actually) as a dependency when you type
"make" in the kstars directory.

So just create a kde4_build/kdeedu directory, run cmake for kdeedu in there,
then "cd kstars" and type "make".

Hope that helps,