[Kstars-devel] anyone going to Stellafane

Glenn Becker burningc at sdf.lonestar.org
Fri Jul 14 20:54:23 CEST 2006

All -

I just thought I'd check to see whether anyone else on the list will be
going to the Stellafane Convention at the end of the month. I am an
associate member of the Springfield Telescope Makers, who host the event,
and I /very tardily/ put in a proposal to do a session on "Astronomy
Without Windows."

Of course I will be talking about KStars ... I would particularly be
interested in touching base with anyone who wil be there and who has
controlled a telescope using the KStars/indi interface. I don't have a
computer-controlled telescope, and because of the lateness of my proposal
I'm going to be doing a "no AV" presentation. It'd be nice to know a
little more about indi and indi-via-KStars and so on ...

I hope this doesn't sound too depressingly bare-bones: I'm really looking
at this one as a pilot for bigger and better presentations in the future.

Thanks,

Glenn

Dr. Glenn Becker - burningc at sdf.lonestar.org