[Kstars-devel] Fwd: [kde-edu]: Meade etx105 under Kstars?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Sun Jan 22 17:26:44 CET 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 15:02, Jason Harris wrote:
> INDI question posted to kde-edu...

> Subject: [kde-edu]: Meade etx105 under Kstars?
> Date: Sunday 22 January 2006 06:54
> From: Manu againn <kmlmanu at yahoo.es>
> To: kde-edu at mail.kde.org
>
>  Hi all, I've connected my telescope (Meade etx105) to Kstars, the problem
> is that Kstars (aparently) does not support that telescope. It only lets me
> choose between ETX 90 and ETX125.
>
>  What I've done is to select ETX125... it seems to work... now weather is
>  mostly cloudy for one week...  Can anybody tell me if I can use ETX125
>  drivers with ETX 105?... Will someday ETX105 oficially suported?
>
>  Thanks

If you think it works, then it works. :)
For what I gatherered from the Meade site, most ETX telescopes use one of two
"autostar" controllers. If the control pad has the numeric keys, it should
work with kstars. I have recently bought one of the new ETX70s which has a
simplified controller, and seem to need a special cable, so I'll probably use
it standalone for the time being.

--
Luciano Montanaro //
                \X/ mikelima at cirulla.net