[Kstars-devel] linker errors

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Tue Jan 17 22:30:11 CET 2006

Hello,

We are getting very close to a fully compiled and linked kstars
executable.  However, I have hit some linker errors that I can't seem to
figure out.  Can someone else have a look?  Maybe it will be obvious to
fresh eyes.

Please update from SVN to get the latest fixes, and then try unsermake
in the main directory.  It should compile everything, and then in the
linker stage, you will get many errors like:

../../kstars/kstars/tools/libkstarstools.a(altvstime.o)(.text+0xa15): In
function `AltVsTime::setLSTLimits()':
: undefined reference to `KStarsPlotWidget::setSecondaryLimits(double,
double, double, double)'

I have cecked to make sure this function exists, in both the header and
source code files.

Similar errors are present for many different KStarsPlotWidget
functions, so somehow, the KStarsPlotWidget code is not getting linked
in properly.  However, the source file is listed properly in
widgets/Makefile.am, and in fact "strings libkstarswidgets.a | grep
KStarsPlotWidget" returns many results (so it is getting linked into
libkstarswidgets.a).  Also, libkstarswidgets.a is listed in the main
Makefile.am, in the LDADD block.

So I don't know why it claims that all of the KStarsPlotWidget refs are
undefined.  I am also seeing "undefined references" errors for timeBox
functions, so whatever is wrong with KStarsPlotWidget seems to be wrong
for timeBox also.

Any ideas?

thanks,