[Kstars-devel] KStars community message boards

William Chellis wmchellis at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 28 04:18:04 CET 2006

Hi Jason & Group,

Jason, thank you for  a great program. Wanting to try KStars is what got
me interested in Linux several years ago. Now, I've been using Linux for
almost 3-years. (Red Hat 9 on a Via Mini-itx M10000). I've been
interested in astronomy since childhood, but only now have the time to
devote to it. As such I recently joined the Astronomical Society of New
Haven. We have access to several scopes at Yale's Bethany Observatory in
Connecticut.

I have a Stellarvue 80mm Blackhawk refractor, which I put to good use
2-years ago on Mars. And speaking of Mars, I also had the chance to meet
Dr. Steve Squyres (he's the Mars Rover Principal Investigator),
recently. I went to his lecture and book signing at the Hayden
Planetarium last December. I was fortunate enough to have a few minutes
to speak with him privately.

As requested in your post,

1) I had no problem with the URL for the message board site. Firefox got
me there with no problem.

2) If you need a forum moderator, I'll volunteer.

3) As far as forum topics, how about a place to post or share scripts? I
know there are some scripts on the on the KStars page, but there have to
be more "out there". I'm working on one the shows Venus transit from
2-years ago. I'm trying to tweak it for the best presentation value.
Only problem is I can't figure out where the "cloud" function is. My
view 2-years ago had a lot of those as I recall....

Nice to meet you all.

-Bill Chellis

--
-William Chellis