[Kstars-devel] Wishes and Bugs

Jason Harris kstars at 30doradus.org
Wed Feb 22 16:17:34 CET 2006

Hi Pablo,

Pablo de Vicente wrote:
>   If you do not mind I will fix the bugs for KDE 3.5. Regarding KDE 4.0 I have
> been thinking on rewriting the calculator module using a stack widget and the
> designer. This would simplify the code and would provide the functionality
> Shriramana asks for. For the latter I only have to find out how to use our
> customized widgets (for example dmsBox) with the new designer.

Great!  Using our custom widgets is pretty straightforward.  Each custom
widget is inherited from an existing widget; so you simply insert a
widget of the parent class into your form, then right-click and select
"Promote to custom widget".  You then provide the custom class name
(e.g., "dmsBox") and the name of the header file.

Let me know if you need more help.