[Kstars-devel] LPI in Kstars

Kenneth Lagoni kenneth at lagoni.info
Tue Dec 12 11:38:36 CET 2006

I love Kstars and really hope to find a way to use my LPI with it.
I'm from Denmark, and hope you will excuse that english is not my first
language :0)

I'm using Mandriva Powerpack 2007 with KDE on a 1,1 Ghz laptop. I would like
to use my LPI with Kstars, but are having some problems.

The command lsusb gives:
"Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0c45:602a Microdia Meade ETX-105EC Camera".
So far so good - the LPI is found.

But when i try to use it with Kstars og any other app like Camorama, it
says: "Could not connect to video device (/dev/video0). Please check
connection".

So, I'm guessing I need some kind of driver. Is that right?

I've been to http://www.linux-projects.org/modules/mydownloads/
but cant find a driver for 105EC.

I'm still kind a newbee in Linux. Hope you can help me.
Kind regards
Lagoni
:0)